11 Real World Use Cases for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Across Industries
We have already talked a lot about Robotic Process Automation. If you find yourself asking, “What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA) in simple words?”, this blog has all the answers.
If you already know the basics of Robotic Process Automation but want to see how you can determine which processes to automate, then this article is for you.
What is the use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
In this article, we will talk about some RPA use cases in the real business world. This includes:-
- RPA use cases in Telecom
- RPA use cases for IT Processes Automation
- RPA use cases in Finance
- RPA use cases for Customer Service
- RPA use case in Administration Processes
- RPA use cases in Human Resources
- RPA use cases in Insurance Industries
- RPA use cases for Retail
- RPA use cases in Healthcare Application
- RPA use cases in Logistics
- RPA case studies in Manufacturing
Robotic Process Automation is a versatile technology that has multiple uses in every industry it serves. It is preferred because of the plethora of challenges it solves like:-
- Human errors due to exhaustion:- RPA works 24×7
- Slow completion of tasks:- RPA increases efficiency by 50%
- Mundane activities eating employee time:- RPA takes up routine tasks
- No time for innovation:- RPA makes businesses more productive
- Rigid processes & execution:- RPA provides flexibility in execution
Something as simple as automating daily login to your system can improve your productivity twofold.
RPA is best for automating complex processes, but you can also automate any single process that has the opportunity to increase efficiency and reduce the operational cost.
Now let’s look at the RPA use cases that process automation provides to different industries. We will cover 11 different industries and if you think your industry is in it, GIVE US A CALL to discuss your requirements.
If you want to know the benefits of RPA in the top 7 service industries, read this blog.
Top 11 Real World RPA examples where RPA is best for Automating Business
1. Use cases for RPA in Healthcare Industry
There are a plethora of automation examples in the healthcare industry. Healthcare majorly benefits from the automated processes.
RPA is best for automating the following in healthcare industry:-
- Payment processing: A considerable RPA in healthcare case studies evolves in the payment department of facilities in RCM. Hospitals can automate payment processing and reduce the workload on staff.
- Claims management: Patients and hospitals are often entangled in insurance claims management. RPA software bots can automate the claims management through predefined parameters for collection claims data.
- Patient registration: One of the best RPA trends in healthcare is patient registration, which consumes a lot of time. RPA bots can fill in the details and prepare the patient registration form in no time.
This article shows how exactly robotic process automation is transforming healthcare.
2. Examples of the Manufacturing Processes with best RPA solution
There are countless RPA use cases in the manufacturing industry.
Manufacturing industries utilize RPA in the following scenarios:-
- Administration and reporting: One of the primary benefits of RPA in manufacturing is that it can generate accurate reports of production and present a clear image of the status. It facilitates effective decision-making and quick response to production needs.
- Inventory management: RPA in inventory management can be used to automate emails, paperwork digitization, monitor inventory levels and the demand for products.
- Bills of material: — RPA case studies in manufacturing showcase how software bots can automate bills of material by data extraction and providing accuracy in data, leading to less errors and transactional issues.
3. RPA use cases in Telecommunications
Some of the best Robotic Process Automation use cases are seen in the telecom sector.
Telecom companies automate processes like:-
- Account check: Telecom companies need to do an account check of users who are opting for postpaid accounts. It requires manual processing of documentation.
- Report generation: Operators need to manually generate reports of connectivity issues based on severity and send it to executives. RPA is best for automating the report generation.
- Simple query forwarding: RPA bots can receive emails from users and other stakeholders and forward them automatically to the concerned people based on a few parameters.
- Number porting: One of the best robotic process automation examples in telecom is customer number porting, a process that can be automated without any hassle.
4. RPA Use Cases in IT Operations
The technology sector has, by far, seen the most impact of Robotic Process Automation.
A few rpa examples in IT operations include:-
- Tool installation: RPA can automate the process of installing tools on the system and save employees a lot of time.
- Configuration: Developers need to configure the environment in which they write code. RPA is best for automating the initial configuration and setup of this environment on every system as the process is the same.
- Automation testing: One of the best business process automation examples in the technology sector is automation testing. User-testing takes time manually and involves a lot of gimmicks. Common testing scenarios are automated through RPA, which run after every update. It ensures that bugs are found and fixed quicker than manual testing.
[Also Read: RPA Implementation for IT processes Automation ]
5. RPA use cases for Automation in Finance
Banks are known to be inefficient, but robotics in banking for process automation has changed the game.
RPA has some of the most useful use cases in finance like:-
- Credit Checks: RPA software bots can now run credit checks for loan prospects and identify whether they fit in the loan disbursement parameters or not. It has drastically reduced the loan processing time.
- Data entry: Bankers had to manually fill in customer information from documents. Through document scraping, RPA bots can automatically fill data into forms by extracting it from the documents.
- Review applications: Companies like United Overseas Bank automated their process of reviewing credit card applications, increasing the speed and response time.
- Customer onboarding: Another excellent use of Robotic Process Automation in banking is account opening and customer onboarding, a mundane process which requires automation.
[Also Read: 5 Financial Services Companies Successfully Using RPA ]
6. RPA examples in Customer Service
RPA can be used to automate customer relationship management and deliver valuable custom outcomes.
It improves the customer experience and increases satisfaction through:-
- Quick initial responses: RPA software bots can sort through common customer queries and deliver immediate responses. Of course, for better results, it needs to be integrated with AI.
- Query forwarding: RPA bots can sort queries in different categories based on set parameters and automatically send them to the respective departments.
- Sales data: RPA can be used to automate customer relationship management by providing data to sales reps with a single trigger which will save a lot of time.
- Data categorization: Robotic Process Automation enables companies to categorize customers and identify their journey’s for better targeting and service.
7. Robotic Process Automation use cases for Retail(eCommerece) Industry
Retail is a consumer-driven industry, and the fast-paced nature of the industry makes it essential for businesses to reduce their cost and increase efficiency.
Along with RPA use cases in procurement, here’s area few benefits of rpa in retail industry:-
- Product categorization: RPA bots can extract SKU data to help businesses categorize products and identify their market share in different regions. It will help in saving countless hours of work.
- Product returns: Returning a product involves a lot of processing and formalities. RPA bots enable checking the purchase record and quicken the entire process of returns.
- Inventory management: Another great RPA case study in retail is inventory management. Robotic Process Automation bots can provide data for key items and alert the system when there is a shortage or overflow.
- Source: marutitech.com
8. RPA use cases in Invoice Automation
In most cases, RPA enables easy processing of data, including extraction and then filling it into respective forms.
Some of the robotic process use cases in documentation include:-
- Invoice processing: RPA can be used to automated paper-based invoices through OCR, extract data, and automatically send it to the respective stakeholders. For the best invoice automation services, talk to our RPA experts.
- Data input: Probably the most common robotic process automation use cases, RPA enables companies to quickly input data in excel or CRM and reduce processing time.
- Storing customer information: RPA software bots can easily store customer information from the initial forms that they fill and present it in an easily readable format.
[Learn more about RPA Case Study for Invoice Processing Solutions]
9. RPA use cases in Human Resource
Human resource management has some of the most tedious tasks in the organization.
Here’s how RPA is used and some business process automation examples in HR:-
- Prospect sourcing: RPA bots enable HR managers to search for the right prospects and candidates based on the parameters set. Once the parameters meet with a prospect’s profile, the bots will automatically fetch the data.
- Employee onboarding: The onboarding process requires arranging interviews and documentation. Robotic Process Automation allows automating these processes for faster processing.
- Payroll automation: RPA software bots enable payroll automation by scraping data from timesheets and calculating pay at the end of each month. They can generate accurate payslips and calculate salaries in a matter of seconds.
10. RPA use cases in Insurance Industry
The insurance industry constantly suffers from complaints with regards to the time taken in claims processing. If you are wondering “ What is the use of RPA in Insurance? ”, here’s the answer:-
- Claims verification: Robotic Process Automation allows insurance companies to verify claims using predefined rules and minimize fraudulent claims.
- Claims processing time: The manual processing claims takes a lot of time due to data extraction and then filling into required forms. RPA increases the speed of processing and maximizes the customer experience.
- Premium renewals: RPA is best for automating premium renewals in the insurance industry through programming bots to identify the date and sending the premium notice without any human intervention.
- Underwriting: The record of prospects are in underwriting until they become customers. Once it is confirmed, RPA bots can transfer data from underwriting to the CRM system.
11. RPA use case in Logistics and Supply Chain
The logistics industry heavily relies on documents and bills of material. RPA use cases in the logistics industry and RPA in warehouse management help you to solve the problem in the following ways:-
- Shipment scheduling: RPA bots extract data from emails, memos, and notes related to shipment and update the shipment schedule based on that data. It reduces the time by almost 50% and leads to quick shipment.
- Shipment tracking: RPA software allows you to install bots that can track where the shipment is and alert the system when it reaches specific places. It decreases the time taken to update the progress of the shipment.
- Shipping notifications: Taking regular updates of the shipping is a tedious process. RPA can automatically update the shipping progress and provide notifications when a milestone is complete.
Conclusion — RPA is a Essential for Enterprise Level Organization
Whether it’s to reduce costs or improve your operational efficiency, Robotic Process Automation is increasingly becoming a necessity for all industries.
RPA is best for automating complex processes that take up a lot of time for your employees.
RPA use cases are not limited to the above industries Every sector can benefit from it if you have the right approach. If you need the help of RPA experts, CONTACT US now.