How RPA Automation helps Businesses with Global Crisis
Times are tough, but businesses are tougher, and that’s why they survive. Innovation and adaptability are the two primary factors for your business in tackling the COVID-19 crisis. RPA technology is the necessary companion you need for taking your business back to where it was and beyond.
With the pandemic, there are several factors that have contributed to the downfall of your business. Some of these are:-
- Disruption in supply chain
- Decline in productivity
- Fixed overhead costs
- Reduced efficiency
- More dependency on employees
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) will help you solve all these issues and come out of crisis mode. Businesses like yours have complained that because of work from home, their productivity has declined. RPA services are likely to increase their productivity and get things back to normal.
The health and safety of employees is your first priority. Your business has deployed the best work-from-home strategy possible because work needs to get done. It has led to a perspective change that people have towards automation.
What happened was that because of the lack of office culture and no fixed schedule, a dull feeling crept over the employees.
Apart from that, they had to still complete back-office and time-consuming processes that showcase zero contribution of value from their end. This was a major reason why a lot of employees lacked the motivation to follow strict schedules while working from home.
5 ways RPA technology can help your business in crisis
It’s not just about this pandemic but any crisis. Businesses quickly started to explore RPA tools and RPA software when they realized that working from home could be a huge success if process automation services accompanied the employees.
RPA bots could take over the mundane, repetitive tasks and leave more time for employees to adapt to change. In such cases, your employees could focus on getting more clients, coming up with innovative ideas for marketing, offer better customer services, and improve their productivity.
When employee productivity declines due to irregular work schedules, the need for RPA implementation becomes apparent.
No team member wants to get their hands in the boring, back-office work. But it needs to get done. This is where an RPA platform comes into action.
Back-office jobs are essential, but it also requires employees to visit the office. However, with RPA automation software like Automation Anywhere, UiPath or BluePrism, your business can build a virtual workforce that can complete back-office tasks without visiting the office.
Whether you are in the healthcare or fintech industry, RPA can help you automate complex processes. Read these 33 use cases of RPA in 11 different industries to get a clear idea.
Here are 5 ways RPA Services help your Business
Delegate dull tasks
- No employee wants to sit at home and fill employee information in excel sheets. It is next to dullness and reduces job satisfaction. When satisfaction decreases, productivity goes downhill.
- RPA software allows your business to build RPA bots that can automate rule-based tasks like filling data from forms into excel.
- For mundane but essential processes, RPA services can act as a catalyst for minimizing the dullness of work and helping employees feel more alive while working from home.
Compensate for cost cuts
- Your business may have also been in the situation of cutting down costs by having to let a few people go. It would have been tragic, but you also face the dilemma as to who will do their jobs.
RPA tools enable building bots that can replicate exact human actions while performing rule-based tasks. You don’t have to worry about work being on hold.
- Robotic Process Automation(RPA) is a one-time investment that helps you to compensate for the cost cuts.
- On the other hand, RPA implementation cuts down costs itself. You don’t need to hire people for filling forms, extracting data, invoice processing anymore. You can have RPA bots do the same using pre-programmed scripts.
Get your productivity back to normal
- As employees work from home, productivity has also taken a hit. There’s spending time with family, managing the kids, and whatnot. It has led to overwhelming a lot of people.
- RPA solution providers come to the rescue to help you achieve your productivity back. Programmed RPA bots can help your employees navigate easily through routine and repetitive tasks, reducing the overwhelming amount of work they need to get done.
- On the other hand, process automation services also multiply productivity by automating complex but rule-based processes that deliver specific outcomes. RPA in manufacturing and healthcare services are one of the primary benefactors.
Provide better customer service
- Since everyone is at home, people would face more service challenges than ever before. The primary challenge for you would be to serve these customers in a better way. Your employees need to solve queries and at the same time, fill forms and get access to relevant information.
- With RPA automation in action, employees can provide better human interaction while RPA bots can fill forms, extract data, and provide information to the team when they need it.
- RPA services will also help them to come with creative ideas to serve their customers. Robots can access the terminal and process information quickly and in a much more accurate manner.
Get started with digital transformation
- Probably one of the biggest advantages of RPA automation software in your organization would be that you will get started on your digital transformation journey.
- Becoming a digital enterprise is not a choice anymore — it’s a necessity. You need to figure out how you can digitize your operations so that you can achieve more efficiency, cut down your costs, and provide a better customer experience.
- On top of that, you need employees who can supervise these technologies. RPA software is an opportunity for the staff to upskill themselves during the time of crisis and showcase their abilities when you get on-board the ship of digital transformation.
You can learn about our 7-step comprehensive process to enterprise digital transformation using RPA.
Recover your lost revenue with RPA services
Robotic Process Automation(RPA) is not just for digital transformation and helping you to come out of crisis mode — it is a method to recover your lost revenues.
For one — you don’t have to spend on rehiring employees that you laid off during the pandemic. You can build your own workforce of RPA software bots who can deliver 50% better results than human personnel.
However, you always need to account for the human factor when it comes to RPA implementation.You need skilled employees who can monitor and supervise the performance of RPA bots.
As the demand for products starts to rise again, you will need to focus more on your customers rather than processes. RPA services are the essential tools that help you to work seamlessly at the back-end so that you can serve customers properly at the front-end.
BoTree is a leading RPA solutions provider with 10+ years of experience in providing world-class solutions to companies in different domains.
Originally published at https://www.business2community.com on August 4, 2020.