Why Use Python for Freight Forwarding: Proven Case Study for Logistics Company
Python is a popular web development language for enterprise and customer-centric applications. It is one of the top programming languages, according to TIOBE’s index. It has applications in web development, Machine Learning, Data Science, and other domains. The versatility of Python web development makes it the perfect language for applications in every project.
Amidst the hundreds of languages for web application development, Python stands out. It is powerful, scalable, and easy-to-learn. Python’s capabilities are useful in every sector — technology, FinTech, HealthTech, freight forwarding industry, and more. The core functionality of Python takes care of all the programming tasks for every feature that needs to be added.
In this article, we will focus on the major aspects of Python that make it suitable for web applications of all kinds. We will then highlight the proficiency of Python using a proven case study that Python developers at BoTree have built. It is a freight forwarding software for international logistics service provider that uses Python in the main technology stack.
Let’s look at the case study and capabilities of Python in detail.
Why choose Python for Web Development
Python is now the first choice for web development, Unlike Ruby on Rails, it offers more flexibility in the process, Here are a few reasons why companies should choose Python for web development -
- Readable: Python has an easily readable syntax. It is similar to the english language. Python developers admire the programming language as it is easy to read, write, and understand. You don’t have to write additional code to express concepts with ease. The emphasis on code readability, which enables you to maintain and update the code.
- Multi-programming paradigms: Like all the other object-oriented and open-source programming languages, Python supports multi-programming paradigms. There’s a dynamic type system and automatic memory management. It simplifies the process of building large and complex enterprise scale applications.
- Scalable: Python is highly scalable. Because of its in-built capabilities to minimize the errors during the development process, it is perfect for freight forwarding software solutions that require processing bills at a huge scale. It is also suitable for enterprise dashboards and other applications that need to handle massive server requests at once.
- Versatile: Python is a heavily versatile programming language. It has diverse applications in various domains, including statistical analysis, numerical computations, data analytics and more. Companies can use it for web development or Machine Learning applications. Today, Python plays a crucial role in building data science models and intelligent algorithms.
One of the biggest reasons to choose Python is because of its library set. Python has libraries for almost everything — there’s TensorFlow, Selenium, Apache Spark, Requests, Theano, Py Torch and many more. The libraries enable adding functionalities and features, simplifying the process of building high-quality web applications.
Checkout Top Python Libraries for Data Science to use in 2020
As Python grows in popularity, its community also grows. There are more developers than any other programming language. They provide support for different development problems, support, and training for multiple projects.
Let’s look at a proven case study by BoTree Technologies that showcases Python’s capabilities in web development.
Python: Proven Case Study of a Logistics Company
At BoTree, we use Python development services for building dynamic web applications. Today we will discuss a case study on the freight forwarding services industry. We developed it using Python and other technologies. Let’s understand it better.
About the Case Study
We designed the freight forwarding software for a leading international logistics services provider. The system we created would collect the information from different freight forwarding websites using bill of lading or the container number. The information is then entered into the centralized system automatically for better management of the freight.
The main challenge was the manual processing of bills of lading. The information had to be gathered from a large number of websites. Each website had hundreds and thousands of bills. The manual process was lengthy and time-consuming. Because the freight forwarding companies were based out of different geographical locations, the client also faced language barriers while processing the B/L.
Our Technology Stack
The technology stack to add freight forwarding features was simple and powerful. We used Python, Postgresql, AWS SQS, EC2m, Puppeteer and Virtual Private Cloud. We offered web development, software testing, and continuous support and maintenance.
The technology stack we used was focused on simplifying the complications in the freight forwarding system. Because the solution had to be scalable, Python was the probably choice for building the web application.
We built a fully server-les architecture. It performs the mapping of the websites and analyzes the different fields for assessing the required details in freight forwarding.
The solution parses data from different websites and matches the fields with the required information. It also takes into account previously parsed data for making the decision.
The collected information is structurally arranged into a format. The entire data system is then pushed back to a centralized ERP system. All the data is accumulated at a single place, making it easier to process the B/L without any hassle.
The freight forwarding solution consisted of the following features built using Python -
- B/L Processing: The system could easily parse 15000 B/L in a single day.
- Efficiency delivery: The process became efficient by 30% for processing the B/L.
- Activity log maintenance: There’s a proper record of all the records that take place in the system.
- Multiple languages: The freight forwarding software could easily parse B/L in different languages.
Python is a powerful programming language for enterprise-grade applications. Logistics companies heavily benefit from investing in freight forwarding solutions. Shipping systems are essential for managing the timely delivery of products and services. An internal system for B/L processing can enable you to reap the benefits of swift deliveries.
BoTree Technologies is a custom software development company that has Python experts who can build quality applications for enterprises. We have experience in the logistics, healthcare, fintech, education, and multiple other industries.
Connect with us today for a FREE CONSULTATION in the next 24 hours!
Originally published at https://www.botreetechnologies.com on May 11, 2021.